Medication Administration for RN & RPN
CALL OR EMAIL US TO RECEIVE A FREE CORONARY CARE COURSE WITH MEDICATION ADMINISTRATION
Advanced Pharmacology / Medication Administration
Nurses Education’s 4-day-course on medication administration was designed to assist/help nurses (RN and RPN) perform their important roles in medication administration with confidence.
The course outlines the College of Nurses of Ontario’s (CNO) standard of nursing practice with special emphasis on professional accountabilities on medication administration, dispensing, storage, inventory management and disposal along with related principles that promote patient’s welfare and safety.
The course extensively explore relevant principles of pharmacodynamics, pharmacotherapeutics, and pharmacokinetics, relevant care, actions, interactions, and side effects of commonly used drugs.
Whether you’re working in the hospital’s med-surgical unit/acute setting; nursing homes or clinics, Nurses Education’s med admin program will be of great value when managing your patient’s drug therapy and administering medications.
Certificate issued to all successful student
1. Discuss the legal, ethical, and ethnocultural nursing implications in pharmacology.
2. Discuss, explore, and learn the 3 principles on medication practices (authority, competence, and safety) that guards and promote client’s safety.
3. Discuss and learn the principles of pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, pharmacotherapeutics and toxicology.
4. Enable the learners to conceptualize the physiological effects of medications on the human body.
5. Place special emphasis on the importance of appropriate use of medications based on established and accepted treatment protocols.
6. To illustrate to the learners that strong knowledge of adverse reactions and drug-drug interactions are the basis for the appropriate utilization of the therapeutic agents.
7. To expand the leaner’s knowledge-based of different classification of the therapeutic agents and their recommended doses.
8. To develop and provide a comprehensive program appropriate to client’s education regarding prescribed drugs
Students must be Registered Practical Nurses, Registered Nurses or other healthcare professions, which practice medication administration within their scope of practice.
Price: $550.00 Cdn. (Price includes Tax and Materials)