Central Venous Access Device (CVAD) Workshop
CVAD Workshop is a full day training that outlines the different sites for central venous access device (CVAD), the anatomy and physiology of CVAD sites, the different central catheters, and essential nursing care specific to central lines.
1. Outline the critical indications of CVAD.
2. Identify the various central veins used for insertion.
3. Describe nursing care associated with the insertion and removal of CVAD catheters.
4. Be able to perform dressing changes using strict aseptic technique.
5. Describe potential complications specific to CVAD and outline preventative measures.
*Students must complete a laboratory simulation of accessing and de-accessing an implantable CVAD using sterile technique to receive CVAD certification.
Students must be Registered Practical Nurses, Registered Nurses or other healthcare professionals, which practice CVAD management within their scope of practice.
Price: $200.00 Cdn. (Price includes Tax and Materials)